3 New SUVs To Hit SA In 2017
This year, South Africa is welcoming new car brands to its shores. Find out the 3 SUVs planned to touch down in SA in 2017.
Published: Friday, July 28th 2017
This year has been an interesting one when it comes to cars.
SUV's seem to be causing quite a storm in South Africa at the moment, with one SUV, the Jaguar F-Pace, even winning car of the year.
Closer to home, the Toyota Land Cruiser has been tipped as the top selling sports utility vehicle this year.
We wondered what other SUV's SA could look forward to, apart from the Mercedes and Jaguar. Here are three new SUVs promising to make their way to SA shores by the end of the year.
Buying a new car? Make sure you get comprehensive insurance at the best price here!
Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Alfa Romeo has been in existence for 106 years and are celebrating this with the arrival of their latest addition.
The Stelvio provides the power of a sports car while creating a comfortable driving SUV experience. This vehicle starts off with a 2.0 litre turbocharged 4-cylinder engine.
The Stelvio Quadrifoglio has the same twin-turbocharged 2.9-litre V6 as the Giulia sedan.
The price will vary but it will range from R800 000 to R1.5 million for top end models.
- This powerful engine can go from 0 to 100kph in under 3.9 seconds;
- There is an 8-speed automatic transmission so the power reaches all four wheels;
- 7 inch display screen with a speedometer that reaches 320kph;
- The standard Stelvio gets a 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system in the dashboard, while the Ti and Quadrifoglio gets the expanded 8.8-inch unit;
- 14 speaker audio system.
- Adaptive cruise control;
- Blind spot monitoring;
- Forward collision warning;
- Lane departure warning;
- Optional front parking sensors.
GWM motor manufacturing company bring their very own range of SUVs in the form of the Haval brand. Haval is ranked as the leader in SUVs in China with a whopping 938 000 units sold in 2016.
The H2 is manufactured in 11 different colour options to suit the individual.
It is a combination of stylish interior with the top of the range safety and functional features.
The price ranges from R250 000 to R310 000 depending on the model you choose.
- High efficiency and energy-saving engine provides a sporty ride that saves you money;
- The 3D fashionable multi-functional dashboard provides the driver with information like mileage and fuel consumption;
- Dual zone automatic air-conditioning. This provides constant temperature control;
- The keyless entry system uses wireless radio frequency identification technology. The key can automatically sense and unlock the door without a touch of the button;
- No key is required to start your vehicle. With just one touch of a button you can start your engine;
- Reverse camera and reverse radar ensures that you are able to reverse your vehicle without any hassles.
- All round airbags;
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System(TPMS) monitors your tyres in case it becomes a safety hazard;
- Front Headrest Neck Protection.
Make sure your SUV has the proper cover by comparing car insurance premiums today
This luxurious SUV was named European Car of the Year for 2017. The exciting news is that it will be making its way to South African shores in August.
With sophisticated style, crisp interior design and slick performance - the Peugeot 3008 is worldwide competitive SUV.
This SUV's starting price is R399 900 and goes up from there depending on the extras you choose to include.
- On-board computer;
- Refrigerated Glove Box;
- Bi-Zone Automatic Climate Control;
- SMEG with 7'' Touch Screen;
- Cruise control with speed limiter;
- Hill Assist;
- Automatic wipers with rain sensor.
These three vehicles have done really well overseas, so now its our chance to put them to the test!
- Automatic Emergency Braking System (AEBS) is designed to reduce the chances of a collusion and limit the severity of the impact;
- The Distance Alert System warns the driver if the vehicle risks a collision with the vehicle in front or a pedestrian in the road;
- The Adaptive Cruise Control feature detects the speed of the car in front of your vehicle and adapts your speed to theirs;
- Lane Keeping Technology ensures that if the driver drifts over the lines into another lane, the steering wheel will automatically correct itself;
- The Driver Alert Attention will determine whether the vehicle's behaviour reflects a certain degree of driver drowsiness or inattention. If this is prevalent then the vehicle will alert the driver of the detection.
Hear what our other satisfied customers have to say about their car insurance premiums