Ford Launches Revised Kuga Model
Just last month, the new Ford Kuga was launched in SA. Ford SA promises that this model, unlike the previous, will not spontaneously combust.
Published: Wednesday, October 4th 2017
Over the past few months, motor manufacturing giant, Ford has been in the news, and for all the wrong reasons.
With three previous recalls of the Ford Kuga, they just couldn't seem to get it right.
Last month however, Ford launched a new and improved version of the Kuga and, so far, the reviews have been far more positive.
Read more about Ford's tainted history here
Not Convinced Yet?
According to September's New Industry Sales Report, 30 Ford Kugas were sold. Although this might not sound like a lot, the vehicle was only made available for purchasing late last month.
These figures, in conjunction with the rest of Ford SA's fleet, have shown that there has been an 8% increase of sales since last year September.
This is really good, considering that Ford SA was in front of the firing squad with the previous Kuga recalls.
Apparently the past issues which plagued the company, setting the vehicles on fire, and claiming the life of a customer, have been rectified.
According to Ford SA's Product Communications Manager, Minesh Bhagaloo, the company has pinpointed and rectified the issue.
"The engine compartment fires were limited to the previous-generation 1.6-litre Kuga, and this is being addressed with the global recall for this engine. We haven’t had any similar incidents with the 1.5 engine that was introduced to the Kuga range at the end of 2014."
Are you buying a new car? Make sure that you get comprehensive car insurance here!
The New Ford Kuga
The latest Ford Kuga is aimed at combining comfort, safety and sophistication all in to one motor vehicle. The new design and added features is making this vehicle a reasonably priced SUV.
This new addition to the Ford fleet has a five-star safety rating as well as better fuel efficiency.
Ford's General Marketing Manager, Tracy Delate is especially thrilled about this new release.
"With stunning new design inside and out, smart technologies, fuel-efficient yet powerful engines, and five-star safety, it’s a vehicle that will stand out for our customers."
These are the different model options:
Depending on the model, there is an option of either a front wheel drive or an all wheel drive. The buyer also has the option of either manual or automatic driving.
Here are the three different value option models of the Kuga:
- 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre EcoBoost petrol units;
- 2.0-litre TDCi turbo-diesel engine.
Delate believes that style and design are two of the most important aspects of drivers, so she is very proud of the new Kuga. "In addition to being a very capable, functional SUV with a fantastic suite of smart technologies, it’s also a vehicle that will turn heads wherever it’s driven."
- Ambiente - this is a standard option that is cheaper on the pocket, but lacks a few extra features;
- Trend - this is the middle of the range model;
- Titanium - this is the top end of the line model with all the bells and whistles.
Here are some of the special features that the Kuga offers:
- Up to 1 603 litres of space in the cargo space with the rear stadium seating folded;
- SYNC®3 connectivity system which comes standard in both the Trend and Titanium models. This technology assists in easy audio control functions. The SYNC®3 connectivity system also provides a 3D navigational screen. This will help you get around town in no time, while missing traffic and other obstacles;
- The vehicle is fitted with seven airbags - including a driver's knee airbag as well as an ABS braking system;
- The Kuga also has Perpendicular Parking functionality that finds parking spots on the road and assists the driver when attempting to park.
All models come standard with Ford Protect as well as including the following :
- A four-year/120 000km comprehensive warranty;
- Three-year/unlimited distance roadside assistance and five-year/unlimited km corrosion warranty;
- A five-year/90 000km service plan is included on the TDCi models, with 15 000km service intervals;
- The petrol Kuga models have 20 000km service intervals, and are sold with a four-year/80 000km service plan.
And now for the price. Here is a list of the different models and their relative prices:
|Ford Kuga 1.5 EcoBoost Ambiente 6MT FWD
|Ford Kuga 1.5 EcoBoost Ambiente 6AT FWD
|| R381 900
| Ford Kuga 1.5 EcoBoost Trend 6MT FWD
|Ford Kuga 1.5 EcoBoost Trend 6AT FWD
|Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi Trend 6AT AWD
|| R483 900
|Ford Kuga 2.0 EcoBoost Titanium 6AT AWD
|Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi Titanium 6AT AWD
*For more information, visit Ford SA