Step-By-Step Guide To Connecting Your Apple AirPods
Apple AirPods are available in South Africa. If you’ve decided to get a pair of these earbuds, you’re going to want to know how to use them.
Published: Wednesday, February 22nd 2017
Apple's AirPods, the company's first wireless bluetooth earbuds, are available in South Africa.
They look almost exactly the same as EarPods, the company's wired earphones, with one big difference, no cables.
If you've decided to get a pair of these earbuds, you're going to want to know how to use them.
Before you use them with an Apple device (they work with Apple devices as well as non-Apple devices), you need at least one of these:
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.2 or later
- Apple Watch with watchOS 3 or later
- Mac with macOS Sierra or later
Use Your iPhone To Set Up Your AirPods
If you have an iPhone with iOS 10.2, or later, and you're setting up your AirPods for the first time, you'll need to follow these steps:
If you're signed into iCloud, your AirPods are set up automatically with any of your supported devices that are signed into iCloud with the same Apple ID.
- Press the Home button on your iPhone to unlock your iPhone screen.
- Open the AirPods case—with your AirPods inside—and hold it next to your iPhone (you might need to hold down the button on the back of the case the first time you're pairing the AirPods to your iPhone).
- A setup animation appears on your iPhone.
- Tap Connect, then tap Done.
Set Up Your AirPods With Other Devices
The first time you set up your AirPods with an iPhone with iOS 10, follow the steps above.
To set up your AirPods with a non-Apple device, or a device that isn't logged in to your iCloud account, do the following:
- Put your AirPods in the case.
- Open the lid.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash white.
- Follow the steps to set up a Bluetooth device with your iPhone or iPod touch, Mac, or Apple TV (4th generation).
If You Can't Set Up Your AirPods
If you don't see the setup animation when you try to set up your AirPods with your iPhone, follow these steps. After each step, try to set up your AirPods again.
Apple AirPods cost R2599 at the iStore.
- Make sure that your AirPods are charged.
- Close the lid, wait 15 seconds, then open the lid. The status light should flash white.
- If the status light doesn't flash white, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash white.
- Still can't set up your AirPods? Press and hold the setup button for at least 15 seconds, until you see the status light flash amber a few times and then flash white.