This South African treasure is a fantastic way to whet your guests' appetite while braaing on Braai Day. These bacon wrapped sticks of heaven are definitely a crowd favourite.
This honey, tomato sauce and soy combination is something else. Honestly the sauce is what makes the Oepsie. Ingredients
|2 packets streaky bacon||¼ cup Soy Sauce|
|2 cups tomatoe sauce||¼ cup Oil|
|¼ cup honey||¼ cup lemon juice|
|¼ cup brown sugar||2 chillies chopped|
|¼ cup Worcestershire sauce||Skewers|
- To make the bacon twists, take two strips of bacon and lay them on top of each other. Pierce the skewer through one end of the bacon stack, then twist the rest around the skewer.
- Place the last bit at the top of the skewer to secure then repeat with the remaining bacon.
- Place all the Oepsies into a dish.
- Make the marinade by combining all ingredients listed. Stir well before brushing onto the Oepsies and marinate for an hour.
- Place Oepsies on the braai until they are crispy and golden, basting with more sauce as you go along. Delicious!