UberEATS Launches In Cape Town
Four months after launching in Johannesburg, UberEATS has come to Cape Town! Here’s the offering and how it works.
Published: Monday, January 30th 2017
Uber South Africa has launched UberEATS in Cape Town. Making it the second city in South Africa to receive the service - UberEATS launched in Johannesburg four months ago.
What Is UberEATS?
UberEATS is an on-demand food delivery app powered by Uber. UberEATS partners with only the best local restaurants to get customers the food they want, delivered faster. Some of Uber’s restaurant partners, at launch, included; HQ, Nü, Societi Bistro, My Sugar, The Creamery, Gibson’s Gourmet Burgers & Ribs, Engruna Eatery, IYO, and many more.
‘Eaters’ in the Cape Town City Bowl, Camps Bay, the Atlantic Seaboard, Woodstock, and Observatory are currently the only ones who will be able to order using the service. The company is, however, looking at expanding the service.
“We received such a fantastic response to the launch of UberEATS in Johannesburg, we couldn’t wait to launch in food-conscious Cape Town. Our app shows immense interest in this area and we are so looking forward to offering Capetonians meals from their favourite eateries, without the time and hassle of going to get it themselves”, says Dave Kitley, UberEATS South Africa.
Benefits Of UberEATS
- No queues.
- Customised orders - prefer your dressing on the side, no onions, or gluten-free? Orders can be customised in the app.
- Delivery time between 35 - 45 minutes.
- Restaurants can receive feedback from customers.
“Uber thrives on feedback”, adds Kitley. “We want the UberEATS courier service to be of five star quality. That’s why users of the UberEATS app will be able to rate the service of both the restaurant and their food courier by using a ‘thumbs up’ or ‘thumbs down’ rating system after the food has arrived.”
How To Download UberEATS
The UberEATS app can be downloaded on the app store, or through the Uber rides app, as well as via the web at ubereats.com. Meals can be requested for delivery in the Cape Town City Bowl, Camps Bay, Atlantic Seaboard, Woodstock, and Observatory from 10am to 10pm, seven days a week with a R20 delivery fee. UberEATS now offers those living in these areas an alternative way of getting good food in good time, with no minimum order size.
First time trying UberEATS? Download the app and enter the promo code "EatsCT" on checkout to enjoy up to R100 off your first order, for the first two weeks of launch. Available for new UberEATS users only.
- Download the app or go to ubereats.com to find what you’re craving, and we’ll handle the rest.
- Sign in - you can use your existing Uber login details for UberEATS - or create a new one.
- Tell us where to deliver - add your home, work, or any other address you’d like.
- Browse local restaurants - search for your favourite local restaurant or try something new.
- Browse food types - looking for Sushi? Use the search function to look up the options.
- Check out with a tap - simply pay with your card on file. And remember, the delivery fee is R20.
- Track your order - watch as your order gets picked up and delivered right to your door.