- In the event that the client is not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint, they may request that the CompareGuru Financial Services complaint be escalated to the independent arbitrator
- The compliance manager and relevant department manager will provide all the information regarding the complaint, the outcome as well as the reason for the decision in writing for further escalation to an independent arbitrator within 24 hours of receiving the clients request to escalate the complaint to the independent arbitrator.
- The independent arbitrator will confirm the receipt of the complaint received for arbitration with CompareGuru Financial Services as well as the client within 24 hours of receiving the complaint.
- The status of the complaint will be updated in the complaints management system.
- The independent arbitrator will investigate the complaint, evidence provided as well as the written communication received by the client.
- Any delays experienced in resolving the complaint will be communicated regularly with the complainant to ensure the complainant is aware of the complaint’s status, and actions being taken in order to resolve the complaint.
- The independent arbitrator will take reasonable steps to keep CompareGuru Financial Services informed as to the progress relating to the complaint as well as their communication with the client in so ensuring CompareGuru Financial Services is aware that the complaint is still in the process of being resolved.
- The independent arbitrator will respond to the complainant advising the complainant as to the outcome of the complaint, including the reasons for the decision made. The complainant will additionally be provided with the contact details for the relevant ombudsman’s office for further escalation.
- The outcome provided to the complainant by the independent arbitrator will be communicated to CompareGuru Financial Services.
- The status of the complaint will be updated in the complaints management system in line with the outcome provided by the independent arbitrator.
- The independent arbitrator has the authority to override previous decisions with regard to the complaint.
- The independent arbitrator’s response will be provided formally in writing and will provide the following information irrespective of the decision or outcome of the complaint concerned:
- Contact details of the relevant ombudsman’s office.
- The response from the insurer’s compliance manager including the details for decision made relevant to the complaint.