Every year, the Flight Network publishes its annual ranking of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Out of the top 50 beaches in Africa, eight can be found right here in South Africa.
The list is compiled from the opinions and work of over 1 200 agencies, bloggers, editors and journalists who specialize in travel.
Four beaches can be found in and around Cape Town, two along the Garden Route, one in Port Elizabeth and one in Coffee Bay. Four of these made the overall top ten in Africa, which included:
- Anse Source D’Argent – La Digue Island (Seychelles)
- Diani Beach – Kwale County (Kenya)
- Anse Lazio – Praslin Island (Seychelles)
- Noetzie Beach – Plettenberg Bay (South Africa)
- Coffee Bay – Eastern Cape (South Africa)
- Camps Bay Beach – Cape Town (South Africa)
- Nungwi Beach – Zanzibar
- Boulders Beach – Cape Town (South Africa)
- Skeleton Coast – Namibia
- Pereybere Beach – Riviere Du Rempart (Mauritius)
Let’s take a look at the five most beautiful beaches in South Africa, according to the Flight Network, with numbers six, seven and eight being the nature-lover’s haven of Wilderness Beach, the wondrous Noordhoek Beach and Mossel Bay’s surfer-favourite Diaz Beach.